To fully assess, diagnose and treat your child, we need to collect some personal information about your child. This information will also be used for administrative purposes such as billing you or through an insurer or contract agency.
1. What personal information we will collect: Personal information collected may include:
Medical history & medications - signature required on the consent form
Private Health Fund details
This information will normally be collected directly from you. There may be times when we will need to obtain information from other people like your child’s doctor, teacher or other Specialists, but only if you have given us your consent to do this (see section 5). We will limit the collection and use of that information to the minimum required to deliver therapy services to you / your child. Without this information, we may not be able to provide the best service your child needs.
2. Who is collecting and has access to your personal information We may collect and store this information in hard copy and/or electronic forms. You have the right to gain access to the information held by Enhancing Learning about your child, and to seek the correction of any information. Parents or guardians may request that specific information not be disclosed to other parties in certain circumstances. We require requests to not disclose information to the child’s direct family member (e.g. another parent/guardian) in writing. All information is maintained according to strict security and confidentiality standards.
3. How your personal information is being used Your provided information will be used for
Planning and providing effective therapy services
Account keeping and billing purposes
Liaison with other professionals involved with your child including when handing over to other therapists, if appropriate and with your permission (see below).
4. To whom your personal information may be disclosed With your permission, the information collected may be disclosed to other professionals (eg. your child’s Doctor, Teacher, Child Health Nurses, or other Specialist). We report back to the Doctor/Teacher/Nurse who referred you to us. We will only collect or release information as you have indicated in Section 5 of this form unless we are obliged by law to handover information without your consent.
Your written consent will be obtained at the start of your child’s treatment in order to carry out the above activities. If you do not provide relevant personal or health information, in part or in full, to us, it may result in an incomplete assessment. This may impact diagnosis and subsequent therapy provision.
The Enhancing Learning team includes Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists. A team approach assists your therapist to design the best therapy for your child. Where necessary your therapist may ask advice from other members of the team. Please talk to your Therapists if you have concerns about this.
If anyone other than the child’s legal parent/guardian transports the child to therapy and/or participates in the sessions, we require the therapist to be notified and the parent/guardian’s to provide consent for this to occur.
Please notify us as soon as there are changes to the information you have provided and/or if your circumstances change. Enhancing Learning is an independent practice under the ownership of the Enhancing Learning Collaborative Pty Ltd. You may contact Enhancing Learning by
writing to Enhancing Learning, 1/74 Reserve Drive Mandurah 6210
calling DirectorAnthea Abbott on (08) 6140 3919.
All feedback and complaints are dealt with by the Directors of Enhancing Learning and will be done so promptly and in written form. Enhancing Learning will not disclose any of you or your child’s information to overseas recipients.
5. Details of Specialists to whom we can provide information Names and addresses to be supplied by client.